Careers at MSD animal health Ireland
MSD is a dynamic and fast-growing company. We now have offices in more than 50 countries and sell our products in over 140 markets. We operate a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world. By each of their tasks or actions, MSD Animal Health employees aim to be seen as professionals working for professionals in the animal health market, and to deliver to MSD Animal Health’s core values.
Within MSD Animal Health, we are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven. But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within MSD Animal Health as well.
For further information on careers with MSD Animal Health please click here.
New post – Maternity leave cover February 2023 onwards
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Companion Animal Marketing Manager (Maternity Leave Cover). Approximately 80% of your time will be allocated to initiate and implement, including communication and coordination of, effective marketing campaigns and programmes for the Companion Animal (Small Animal and Equine) product range to achieve individual product sales targets within established promotional budget and facilitate achievement of overall company objectives. Approximately 20% of your time will be allocated to Technical Support of the Companion Animal range.
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation to carry out the following:
- Initiate and coordinate advertising and promotional campaigns plus product launches in conjunction with the Marketing Associate, Sales Team, the Veterinary Technical Manager and the Companion Animal (CA) Business Unit Director.
- Ensure that product promotional literature, in particular literature accompanying CABU Products, is available in a timely manner and within established promotional budgets and compliance requirements. Promotional material preparation will include initiation and completion of technical review.
- Provide assistance to the account managers with an aim to contributing to the sales activity.
- Deliver presentations to customers and their clients to detail Animal Health products and disease support at a veterinary level, including as a follow up to pharmacovigilance complaints and product quality complaints, to aid in the improved and correct use of products.
- Provide external communication at a technical level for Animal Health. To include:
- Technical representation at relevant meetings, congresses and exhibitions in order to promote the interests of Animal Health amongst key industry influencers and opinion makers and to enhance our Animal Health brand profile in the industry.
- Presenting and providing written material or verbal presentations where required.
- To monitor the CA market for new and existing products where necessary to help drive the business forward and create new CA market opportunities maintaining a competitive advantage.
- Liaison and communication with International Marketing to ensure local alignment with relevant international campaigns.
- Proportional allocation of the advertising and promotional budgets for the CA products, for which the product manager is responsible, in agreement with the CA BU Director. Initiating and coordinating advertising and promotional campaigns plus product launches in conjunction with the Marketing Associate, Sales Team, the Veterinary Technical Manager and the CA BU Director.
- Preparation of materials for CA sales meetings and attendance at CA sales meetings as required.
- Management of and participating in CA project groups as appropriate.
- Monthly sales forecasting and stock control in conjunction with the CA BU Director and the customer services team.
- Recording and adherance to advertising and promotional budgets within CA BU.
- Monitoring pricing and reporting of any deviations or competition issues to the CA BU Director.
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Educated to Advanced level (Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Marketing or equivalent)
- At least two years’ experience with marketing ideally with reference to companion animal veterinary product marketing in an Irish environment
- Be self-motivated and must also have sound decision-making skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and must be IT literate – familiar with the practical application of IT in a commercial environment, ideally using MS Office.
- A knowledge of budgetary control and project management skills are desirable.
- Excellent client-facing skills, both verbally and in writing, sound time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure with an ability to prioritise.
- An ability to operate and communicate effectively at various levels, both within and outside of the Company is desirable as are the ability to identify and exploit new business opportunities, energy and resourcefulness with the ability to initiate and manage change and the ability to act as a team player.
As a company, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Advisor assigned to this role should you need any support during our recruitment process.